Details for Benchmark: KW2082
N 40° 06.833 W 077° 17.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CUMBERLAND county, PA View Original Datasheet
- 587 USGS
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1952 by CGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1952
5.5 MI SW FROM MOUNT HOLLY SPRINGS. 5.5 MILES SOUTHWEST ALONG THE READING COMPANY RAILWAY FROM MOUNT HOLLY SPRINGS, CUMBERLAND COUNTY, 98 FEET NORTHEAST OF MOORS MILL STATION, 2.8 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE EAST BOUND TRACK, AND IN THE BASE OF A WATERSTAND. A U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY STANDARD DISK, STAMPED 587.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.