Details for Benchmark: KW2135
N 40° 08.500 W 077° 20.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CUMBERLAND county, PA View Original Datasheet
- CRULL AZ MK
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
1.6 MI E FROM NEWVILLE. ABOUT 0.7 MILE NORTHEAST OF STATE HIGHWAY 233 AND JUNCTION OF U.S. HIGHWAY 11, WHICH IS 2.7 MILE SOUTHEAST OF NEWVILLE, THENCE 0.85 MILE SOUTHEAST TO A FARM ROAD, THENCE 0.1 MILE EAST ON A FARM ROAD, 17 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A NORTH AND SOUTH GRAVELED ROAD, 13 FEET NORTHEAST OF A 12 INCH WALNUT-TREE AND FENCE CORNER, AND 2 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE SOUTH GATE POST OF THE ENTRANCE TO A CULTIVATED FIELD. MARK IS SET IN TOP OF A SQUARE CONCRETE MONUMENT PROJECTING 3 INCHES ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
NOTE--NOW 0.2 MILE EAST ON A PAVED ROAD, AND GRAVEL ROAD LEADING NORTH AND SOUTH IS NOW A GRAVEL DRIVE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.