Details for Benchmark: KW2248
N 40° 00.433 W 077° 33.167 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In FRANKLIN county, PA View Original Datasheet
- ROCK RM 2
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- in a boulder
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
5.2 MI S FROM SHIPPENSBURG. 4.45 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 696 FROM THE JUNCTIONS OF U.S. HIGHWAY 11 AND STATE HIGHWAY 696 IN SHIPPENSBURG, THENCE RIGHT 0.4 MILE WEST ON AN ASPHALT ROAD TO A DRIVEWAY LEFT, THENCE LEFT UP DRIVEWAY FOR 0.3 MILE TO THE REFERENCE MARK, IS SET IN THE TOP OF A 4 X 5 FOOT BOULDER THAT PROJECTS ABOUT 4 INCHES ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. IT IS 108.0 FEET WEST OF THE WEST 1 OF 5 PINE TREES, 102.5 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE FENCE CORNER AND ABOUT 1 FOOT LOWER THAN THE STATION.
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.