Details for Benchmark: KW2676
N 40° 03.950 W 077° 27.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CUMBERLAND county, PA View Original Datasheet
- GOOD AZ MK 1935 1942
- Marker Type:
- azimuth mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1942 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1979 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1979
3.4 MI NE FROM SHIPPENSBURG. SAME AS DESCRIPTION FOR AZIMUTH MARK GOOD 1935, EXCEPT CHANGE HIGHWAY 33 TO STATE HIGHWAY 174.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.