Details for Benchmark: KW2761
N 40° 54.667 W 076° 51.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In UNION county, PA View Original Datasheet
- 151 DOP PADH
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1962 by PADH (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
9.0 KM (5.6 MI) NORTH FROM SHAMOKIN DAM. 1.3 KM (0.8 MI) NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 11 AND 15 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN SHAMOKIN DAM, THENCE 7.7 KM (4.8 MI) NORTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 15 TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, IN SOUTHEAST ABUTMENT OF A BRIDGE IN VILLAGE WINFIELD, ALSO 7.9 KM (4.9 MI) SOUTH ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 15 FROM THE BRIDGE OVER BUFFALO CREEK IN LEWISBURG, 4.5 METERS (15.0 FT) EAST OF CENTERLINE OF THE NORTHBOUND LANE OF HIGHWAY. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.