Details for Benchmark: KW2777
N 40° 25.617 W 077° 00.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DAUPHIN county, PA View Original Datasheet
- A 411
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod in sleve
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1983 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
IN AMITY HALL. IN AMITY HALL, AT THE ENTRANCE OF AMITY FARM, 0.08 KM (0.05 MI) WEST OF THE ENTRANCE RAMPS OF U.S. HIGHWAY 11, 15 NORTH AND SOUTH, 16.45 METERS (54.0 FT) NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD RUNNING EAST AND WEST THROUGH AMITY HALL, 14.63 METERS (48.5 FT) SOUTHEAST OF TELEPHONE POLE 473 WITH 2 GUY WIRES, 11.27 METERS (37.0 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE PAVED ENTRANCE ROAD OF AMITY FARM, 0.76 METER (2.5 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE STONE PLANTER WITH SIGN (AMITY FARM). THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.