Details for Benchmark: KX1263
N 40° 25.867 W 079° 57.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALLEGHENY county, PA View Original Datasheet
- C 343
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by PADT (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
AT PITTSBURGH. ABOUT 2.15 MILES EAST ALONG THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT PITTSBURGH, SET IN THE TOP OF THE WINGWALL AT THE WEST CORNER OF THE RAILROAD OVERPASS OVER STATE HIGHWAY 885 AND BATES STREET, 6 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTHWEST RAIL OF THE EAST BOUND TRACK, 0.9 FOOT NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHWEST HEADWALL OF THE OVERPASS AND 1 FOOT BELOW LEVEL OF TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.