Details for Benchmark: KX1483
N 40° 27.300 W 079° 54.317 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In ALLEGHENY county, PA View Original Datasheet
- F 136
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1941 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1941
5.6 MI N FROM BRADDOCK. ABOUT 5.6 MILES NORTH ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM BRADDOCK, ALLEGHENY COUNTY, ABOUT 0.1 MILE EAST OF THE JUNCTION OF THE BRILLIANT BRANCH, AT THE NORTH DALLAS STREET UNDERPASS, IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A STONE WALL NORTH OF THE A. AND P. WAREHOUSE, 6.4 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH RAIL, AND ABOUT 3 FEET HIGHER THAN THE TOP OF THE RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED F 136.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.