Details for Benchmark: KX1600
N 40° 51.500 W 079° 53.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- U 4 RESET
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1947 by BORR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1948 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1948
AT BUTLER. AT BUTLER, BUTLER COUNTY, AT THE RAILROAD YARD NORTHEAST OF THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD STATION, 25 RAILS SOUTHWEST OF THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD CROSSING, AT B AND O BRIDGE 409, AND IN THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE BACK WALL OF THE SOUTHWEST ABUTMENT. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED U 4 RESET 1947.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.