Details for Benchmark: KX1601
N 40° 51.383 W 079° 53.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is POSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by BORR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1944 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1944
AT BUTLER. AT BUTLER, BUTLER COUNTY, ACROSS THE TRACKS FROM THE BAGGAGE ROOM OF THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD STATION AND IN THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE NORTHEAST FOOTING OF THE IRON SUPPORT OF THE OVERHEAD BRIDGE. A CHISELED SQUARE. NOTE-- IT IS DOUBTFUL THAT THIS MARK WAS CORRECTLY IDENTIFIED IN 1931.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in 1992. * This is a POSTED BENCH MARK height. Code A indicates a distribution rate of 0.0 thru 1.0 mm/km.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.