Details for Benchmark: KX1662
N 40° 58.067 W 079° 55.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- W 63 RESET
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1937 by BLERR (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY BESSEMER AND LAKE ERIE RAILROAD 1937
AT QUEEN JUNCTION. AT QUEEN JUNCTION, IN THE WEST END OF THE BRIDGE SEAT OF THE SOUTH ABUTMENT OF THE BESSEMER AND LAKE ERIE RAILROAD COMPANYS BRIDGE OVER THE WESTERN ALLEGHENY RAILROAD JUST SOUTH OF QUEEN JUNCTION STATION. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED W 63 RESET 1937. NOTE-- THIS BENCH MARK WAS ESTABLISHED AND ITS ELEVATION DETERMINED BY ENGINEERS OF THE BESSEMER AND LAKE ERIE RAILROAD IN 1937.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.