Details for Benchmark: KX1665
N 40° 55.783 W 079° 53.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Y 63
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
2 MI N FROM ONEIDA. ABOUT 2.0 MILES NORTH ALONG THE BESSEMER AND LAKER ERIE RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT ONEIDA, BUTLER COUNTY, ABOUT 1,700 FEET NORTH OF MILEPOST 5.5, AT A 75-FOOT SPAN STEEL-GIRDER BRIDGE OVER A CREEK AND A DIRT ROAD, AT THE WEST SIDE OF THE SOUTH ABUTMENT, IN THE TOP OF THE TOP STEP, OPPOSITE POLE 40+12, 11 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, AND ABOUT 1 FOOT HIGHER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED Y 63 1935.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.