Details for Benchmark: KY0127
N 40° 46.900 W 080° 02.683 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- P 202
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- in rock outcrop
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
1.3 MI E FROM EVANS CITY. ABOUT 1.3 MILES EAST AND NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 68 FROM THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD STATION AT EVANS CITY, SET VERTICALLY IN FACE OF AN OUTCROPPING ROCK LEDGE ABOUT 12 BY 4-FEET WHICH IS LOCATED IN A CUT, 26 FEET NORTH OF CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY 68 (NOW UNDER CONSTRUCTION), 270 FEET WEST OF CENTER OF JUNCTION OF HIGHWAY AND A BLACK TOP ROAD LEADING SOUTHEAST, 22 1/2 FEET EAST-NORTHEAST OF NORTHEAST CORNER OF A 6 BY 5-FOOT CONCRETE AND STEEL CATCH BASIN, AND ABOUT 4 1/2 FEET ABOVE LEVEL OF HIGHWAY.
|1/1/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.