Details for Benchmark: KY0133
N 40° 48.150 W 080° 07.600 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- A 202
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT HARMONY. AT HARMONY, AT OVERPASS NO. 352A OF A ROAD OVER THE TRACKS, ABOUT 150 FEET WEST OF CENTER OF CROSSING OF SPRING STREET, SET VERTICALLY IN THE EAST FACE OF EAST END OF NORTH STONE ABUTMENT OF OVERPASS, 6 1/2 FEET NORTH RAIL OF NORTH TRACK AND ABOUT 3 1/2 FEET ABOVE LEVEL OF TRACK.
|1/1/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN HARMONY, AT BRIDGE 352A (NOW ABANDONED, THE ROAD DEAD ENDS AT THE BRIDGE), SET VERTICALLY IN THE EAST FACE OF THE EAST END OF THE NORTH STONE ABUTMENT OF THE BRIDGE, 1.9 METERS (6.5 FT) NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, 45.7 METERS (150.0 FT) WEST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF SPRING STREET. THE MARK IS 1.0 M ABOVE RAILROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.