Details for Benchmark: KY0193
N 40° 46.700 W 080° 01.017 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- X 4
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1931 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
3.2 MI E FROM EVANS CITY. ABOUT 1.35 MILES EAST AND NORTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 68 FROM THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD STATION AT EVANS CITY, THENCE ABOUT 1.0 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG A NARROW BLACK TOP ROAD, THENCE ABOUT 0.8 MILE NORTHEAST AND EAST ALONG A BLACK TOP ROAD, AT ZENO (ABANDONED) ON THE ABANDONED LINE OF THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD, 69 FEET SOUTHEAST OF CENTER LINE OF ABANDONED RAILROAD BED, 151 FEET SOUTH AND ACROSS RAILROAD BED AND BLACK TOP ROAD FROM A POWER POLE AT A POINT WHERE THE POWER LINE CROSSES THE ROAD TO THE EAST, 109 FEET SOUTH AND ACROSS RAILROAD BED FROM CENTER LINE OF ROAD, 61 FEET NORTHEAST OF A FENCE CORNER, 1 1/2 FEET NORTH-NORTHEAST OF A WHITE WOODEN WITNESS POST, ABOUT 4 FEET ABOVE LEVEL OF OLD RAILROAD BED AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 6 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.