Details for Benchmark: KY0196
N 40° 46.133 W 080° 03.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT EVANS CITY. AT EVANS CITY, ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 68, IN THE TOP OF THE CAPSTONE OF HIGHWAY BRIDGE OVER BREAKNECK CREEK, 6 1/2 FEET EAST OF EAST RAIL OF EAST TRACK OF THE BALTIMORE AND OHIO RAILROAD, 68 FEET SOUTH AND ACROSS HIGHWAY 68 FROM THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF STATION, 33 FEET SOUTH OF CENTER LINE OF HIGHWAY, AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF BRIDGE AND ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACKS.
|1/1/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN EVANS CITY, IN THE SOUTHWEST ABUTMENT OF THE BRIDGE OVER BREAKNECK CREEK, 10.2 METERS (33.5 FT) SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE HIGHWAY 68, 7.7 METERS (25.5 FT) EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE RAILROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.