Details for Benchmark: KY0221
N 40° 47.817 W 080° 07.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BUTLER county, PA View Original Datasheet
- HARMONY 1
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|1/1/1959 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|1/1/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
IN HARMONY. ABOUT 0.2 MILE DUE NORTH OF THE CONNOQUENESSING VALLEY ELEMENTARY SCHOOL BUILDING IN HARMONY, 23 FEET SOUTH OF THE STATION SIGHT, 17 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTH WEST LEG OF WATER TOWER, 43 FEET NORTH EAST OF THE CENTER OF JUNCTION OF NEW CASTLE ST. AND CHARLES ST., STANDARD BENCH MARK DISK DRILLED IN HORIZONTAL.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.