Details for Benchmark: KY0721
N 40° 09.017 W 080° 12.483 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In WASHINGTON county, PA View Original Datasheet
- F 285
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by PADT (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1961 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1961
2.6 MI E FROM WASHINGTON. ABOUT 2.67 MILES EAST ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 40 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN WASHINGTON, 17.0 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE EAST BOUND TRAFFIC LANE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 40. SET IN TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF A CONCRETE BRIDGE OVER A 4-LANE HIGHWAY, SET IN TOP OF THE CONCRETE BANISTER AND ABOUT 2.0 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.