Details for Benchmark: KY0784
N 40° 22.700 W 080° 36.350 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BROOKE county, WV View Original Datasheet
- CHISELED SQUARE
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by PRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1936 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1936
1.7 MI NE FROM STEUBENVILLE. IN BROOKE COUNTY, WEST VIRGINIA, 1.7 MILES NORTHEAST ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE COURTHOUSE AT STEUBENVILLE, JEFFERSON COUNTY, OHIO, AT THE BRIDGE OVER OHIO RIVER, ON THE TOP OF THE NORTHWEST SIDE OF THE NORTHEAST ABUTMENT, 9 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST END OF THE ABUTMENT, 6 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE POST NORTHWESTERLY RAIL, AND ABOUT 6 INCHES ABOVE THE TOP OF THE RAIL. A CHISELED SQUARE, WITH THE CHISELED LETTERS BM.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
NOT RECOVERED, A NEW ABUTMENT HAS BEEN CONSTRUCTED AT THIS LOCATION. CONSIDER DESTROYED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.