Details for Benchmark: KY0785
N 40° 20.917 W 080° 36.467 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BROOKE county, WV View Original Datasheet
- B 28
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1958 by USGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1958
2.9 MI S FROM WEIRTON JUNCTION. IT IS 1790 FEET NORTH OF GRADE CROSSING AT WHEELING STEEL, 438 FEET NORTH OF 3 TRACKS IN LINE WITH PIPE LINE AND POWER LINE W BETWEEN 2 LARGE ALLIED OIL CO. TANKS, 4 INCHES UNDERGROUND AND 1 FOOT NORTH OF WITNESS POST. 2.9 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT WEIRTON JUNCTION, BROOKE COUNTY, 0.2 MILE SOUTH OF MILEPOST 2, 102 FEET WEST OF STATE HIGHWAY 2, 19 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE MAIN TRACK, 7 FEET NORTHEAST OF A POLE, AND ABOUT 15 FEET LOWER THAN THE HIGHWAY. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED B 28 1935 AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
NOT RECOVERED, EXACT LOCATION COULD NOT BE FOUND, DESCRIPTION INADEQUATE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.