Details for Benchmark: KY0786
N 40° 22.700 W 080° 36.333 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BROOKE county, WV View Original Datasheet
- A 28
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Most reliable and expected to hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
0.8 MI S FROM WEIRTON JUNCTION. 0.8 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT WEIRTON JUNCTION, BROOKE COUNTY, AT THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD BRIDGE OVER THE OHIO RIVER, 7 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE SOUTH TRACK, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE EAST STONE ABUTMENT, AND ABOUT 2 FEET HIGHER THAN THE RAIL. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED A 28 1935.
|01/01/1935 by NGS (GOOD)
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.