Details for Benchmark: KY0791
N 40° 24.817 W 080° 35.267 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, WV View Original Datasheet
- L 21
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1935
AT WEIRTON. AT WEIRTON, HANCOCK COUNTY, ABOUT 95 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD STATION, AT THE OVERHEAD CROSSING OF STATE HIGHWAY 2, AT THE FIRST PIER NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE VIADUCT, IN THE FIRST COLUMN OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE PIER, AND ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE GROUND. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED L 21 1935 AND SET VERTICALLY.
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. THE 1960 DESCRIPTION IS ADEQUATE EXCEPT THAT THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD STATION IS ABANDONED AND NOW OWNED BY NATIONAL STEEL CORPORATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.