Details for Benchmark: KY0792
N 40° 25.183 W 080° 35.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is VERTCON and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, WV View Original Datasheet
- CHISELED SQUARE 54
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by PRR (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1936 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1936
0.6 MI N FROM WEIRTON. 0.6 MILE NORTH ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT WEIRTON, HANCOCK COUNTY, AT A STEEL PIPE LINE CROSSING, WEST OF THE TRACKS, AND ON THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE BASE OF THE STEEL PIPE LINE. A CHISELED SQUARE.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
NOT SEARCHED FOR, MARK IS LOCATED ON NATIONAL STEEL PROPERTY AND IS INACCESSIBLE.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The NAVD 88 height was computed by applying the VERTCON shift value to the NGVD 29 height (displayed under SUPERSEDED SURVEY CONTROL.) The vertical order pertains to the superseded datum.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.