Details for Benchmark: KY0798
N 40° 23.900 W 080° 34.400 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BROOKE county, WV View Original Datasheet
- D 163
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
3.8 MI W FROM COLLIER. ABOUT 3.75 MILES WEST ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM OVERPASS NO. 35-54 OVER A ROAD AND CREEK AT COLLIER, 0.8 MILE EAST OF THE JUNCTION OF PITTSBURG AND WEIRTON TRACKS AT HOLIDAY COVE, 10 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL OF THE NORTHEAST TRACK, IN TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE NORTHEAST CONCRETE HEAD WALL OF A NARROW STONE ARCH OVERPASS (NO. 39-28) FOR PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD OVER A ROAD, AND ABOUT 2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK. THIS MARK CAN BE REACHED BY GOING ABOUT 1.75 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT WEIRTON, HANCOCK COUNTY.
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.