Details for Benchmark: KY0802
N 40° 22.300 W 080° 33.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BROOKE county, WV View Original Datasheet
- F 163
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||shorbird couldn't find KY0802
The railroad tracks and poles have been removed. The area has been regraded.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1960 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
1.5 MI W FROM COLLIER. ABOUT 1.5 MILES WEST ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM OVERPASS 35-54 OVER A ROAD AND CREEK AT COLLIER, 201 FEET NORTHWEST OF MILEPOST 37, 253 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF BRICK FOUNDATION OF LARGE TIN AND GLASS BUILDING, 0.4 MILE NORTHWEST OF STEEL BRIDGE FOR A ROAD OVER THE TRACK AND CREEK, 13 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL OF NEAREST SIDE TRACK, 86 FEET SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF THE SOUTH CORNER OF LARGE CONCRETE BLOCK WAREHOUSE, 5 1/2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A POWER LINE POLE, 55 FEET WEST OF THE SECOND TELEPHONE POLE NORTHWEST OF THE MILEPOST, 1.8 FEET NORTHEAST OF A STEEL WITNESS POST, AND SET IN TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.