Details for Benchmark: KY0804
N 40° 22.033 W 080° 31.517 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In BROOKE county, WV View Original Datasheet
- Z 28
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1935 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1960 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1960
AT COLLIER. AT COLLIER, ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD, IN TOP OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE CONCRETE BACK WALL OF THE SOUTHWEST CONCRETE AND STONE ABUTMENT OF RAILROAD BRIDGE 35-54 OVERPASS OVER A ROAD AND CREEK, 6 1/2 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST RAIL, AND ABOUT LEVEL WITH THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.