Details for Benchmark: KY1020
N 40° 52.900 W 080° 39.783 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COLUMBIANA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- E 304
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||shorbird couldn't find KY1020
Examined area described. The side track and telegraph poles are gone. Mark not found.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1966 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
1.7 MI SE FROM COLUMBIANA. ABOUT 1.7 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT COLUMBIANA, IN SECTION 11, R 2 W, T 12 N, ABOUT 0.1 MILE NORTHWEST OF MILEPOST P 58, ABOUT 3 1/2 RAILS SOUTHEAST OF A RAILROAD JUNCTION FOR A SIDE TRACK LEADING TO GAS STORAGE TANKS, 20 FEET NORTHEAST OF AND ACROSS A SIDE TRACK FROM THE THE NORTHEAST RAIL OF THE WESTBOUND MAIN TRACK, 7.3 FEET NORTHEAST OF THE NORTHEAST RAIL OF THE SIDE TRACK, 2 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A TELEGRAPH POLE, IN LINE WITH ROW OF POLES, 1 FOOT NORTHWEST OF A METAL WITNESS POST, 1 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE MAIN TRACK AND IS A DISK ON THE TOP OF A COPPER COATED STEEL ROD 4 INCHES UNDERGROUND AND PROTECTED BY AN 8-INCH TILE WHICH IS FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. THE ROD WAS DRIVEN TO REFUSAL AT A DEPTH OF 8 FEET.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.