Details for Benchmark: KY1022
N 40° 52.983 W 080° 41.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COLUMBIANA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- W 159
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
AT COLUMBIANA. AT COLUMBIANA, ABOUT 0.4 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT COLUMBIANA, ABOUT 0.4 MILE NORTHWEST OF MILEPOST P 59, IN SECTION 10, R 2 W, T 12 N, 66 FEET NORTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE CROSSING OF SPRUCE STREET AND THE WESTBOUND TRACK, 24 FEET WEST OF A FLASHING CROSSING SIGNAL, 15.6 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL OF THE NEAR TRACK, 26 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF SPRUCE STREET, 24 FEET SOUTH OF POWER LINE POLE NO. 60444, 1/2 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND.
|04/12/1998 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.