Details for Benchmark: KY1023
N 40° 52.967 W 080° 41.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COLUMBIANA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- BR 52 CHS S 2
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||shorbird couldn't find KY1023
The northeast stone abutment has been replaced by a concrete abutment with no steps.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
AT COLUMBIANA. AT COLUMBIANA, ABOUT 0.25 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE STATION, A 1 1/4 INCH OUTLINED SQUARE ON THE TOP OF THE TOP STEP OF THE NORTH END OF THE EAST STONE ABUTMENT OF THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD OVERPASS OVER THE YOUNGSTOWN AND SOUTHERN RAILWAY, IN SECTION 9, R 2 W, T 12 N, 21.5 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL OF THE NEAR TRACK AND 5 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
|02/27/2000 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 2000
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.