Details for Benchmark: KY1024
N 40° 52.983 W 080° 41.667 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COLUMBIANA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- V 159
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||shorbird marked KY1024 as destroyed
The railroad station has been demolished and replaced with a parking lot. Consider mark destroyed.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
AT COLUMBIANA. AT COLUMBIANA, ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD, ABOUT 60 YARDS WEST OF THE CROSSING OF SOUTH MAIN STREET, SET VERTICALLY IN THE SOUTH FACE OF THE SOUTH WALL OF THE RAILROAD STATION, 28.6 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL OF THE NEAR TRACK, 37 FEET EAST OF THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF THE STATION, IN SECTION 9, R 2 W, T 12 N, 2.7 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND AND 3 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
|04/12/1998 by USPSQD (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1998
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.