Details for Benchmark: KY1026
N 40° 53.100 W 080° 42.200 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COLUMBIANA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- BR 54
- Marker Type:
- chiseled square
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|Unknown by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
0.5 MI W FROM COLUMBIANA. ABOUT 0.5 MILE WEST ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT COLUMBIANA, IN A BRIDGE OVER A SMALL STREAM. THIS BRIDGE IS ALONG THE OLD TRACKS WHICH IS ABOUT 50 YARDS TO THE NORTH OF THE PRESENT TRACKS. THE MARK IS ON TOP AND NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE NORTH RETAINING WALL, IT IS A 2 INCH OUTLINED SQUARE LETTERED B M.
|01/01/1966 by USGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1966
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.