Details for Benchmark: KY1030
N 40° 52.650 W 080° 45.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COLUMBIANA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- S 159
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||shorbird couldn't find KY1030
Most of the signal base has crumbled away. The witness post is still there.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
AT LEETONIA. AT LEETONIA, 91 YARDS NORTHEAST OF THE CROSSING OF WALNUT STREET AND THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD, ABOUT 45 YARDS WEST OF THE JUNCTION OF CHESTNUT AND FRONT STREET, ALONG THE ERIE RAILROAD, IN SECTION 12, R 3 W, T 15 N, SET ON THE TOP OF THE NORTH EDGE OF A SIGNAL BASE WHICH IS PART OF A 3-FOOT HIGH RETAINING WALL, 7 FEET NORTH OF THE NORTH RAIL, 7 FEET SOUTH OF THE SOUTH CURB OF FRONT STREET AND 3 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.