Details for Benchmark: KY1036
N 40° 51.917 W 080° 47.383 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COLUMBIANA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- P 159
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1950 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1966 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1966
2 MI W FROM LEETONIA. ABOUT 2.0 MILES WEST ALONG THE PENNSYLVANIA RAILROAD FROM THE WALNUT STREET CROSSING AT LEETONIA, ABOUT 0.2 MILE SOUTHWEST OF MILEPOST P 65, SET ON THE TOP OF THE SOUTHEAST END OF THE SOUTHWEST STONE ABUTMENT OF THE BRIDGE OVER THE MIDDLE FORK OF LITTLE BEAVER CREEK AND A GRAVELED ROAD, 6.5 FEET SOUTHEAST OF THE SOUTHEAST RAIL OF THE NEAR TRACK, IN SECTION 15, R 3 W, T 15 N, AND 1 FOOT BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.