Details for Benchmark: KY1180
N 40° 53.800 W 080° 44.217 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In COLUMBIANA county, OH View Original Datasheet
- K 149
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
1.6 MI SW FROM WASHINGTONVILLE. ABOUT 1.3 MILES EAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 14 FROM THE TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH AT WASHINGTONVILLE, THENCE ABOUT 0.3 MILE SOUTH ALONG A GRAVEL ROAD, AT THE JUNCTION OF SAID GRAVEL ROAD AND A GRAVEL ROAD LEADING EAST, 37.5 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE GRAVEL ROAD GOING NORTH AND SOUTH, 21 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE GRAVEL ROAD GOING EAST AND WEST, 7.5 FEET EAST OF A 30 INCH TWIN TRUNK TREE. IT IS 2 FEET EAST OF A WHITE WITNESS POST AND ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE CENTER OF THE ROAD. A STANDARD DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST AND PROJECTING 3 INCHES.
|01/01/1962 by USGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US GEOLOGICAL SURVEY 1962
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.