Details for Benchmark: KY1189
N 40° 54.521 W 080° 39.069 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In MAHONING county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- triangulation station disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||shorbird posted a note for KY1189
Mark is 14 inches underground, so did not dig for it. Described location is in a field of soybeans. Located PINE RM 1(KY1190) and PINE AZ MK(KY1192), but did not find PINE RM 2(KY1191).
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1949 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1949 (PLB)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 3 MILES NORTHEAST OF COLUMBIANA, 2-1/2 MILES SOUTH OF NORTH LIMA, 1/2 MILE SOUTHWEST OF PINE LAKE AND ON THE WEST SIDE OF STATE ROUTE NO 7 NEAR A T-INTERSECTION WITH A DIRT ROAD LEADING TO A FARM HOUSE TO THE WEST. THE MARK IS 63-1/2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION, 56 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE ROUTE NO 7, 33 FEET SOUTHEAST OF TELEPHONE POLE NO 4-5, 29 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE DIRT ROAD AND NEAR THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A CULTIVATED FIELD. THE MARK IS SET 14 INCHES BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE FIELD AND STAMPED PINE 1949.
REFERENCE MARK NO 1 IS 49 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE DIRT ROAD, 26 FEET WEST OF HIGHWAY NO 7 (CENTERLINE) AND 6 FEET WEST OF TELEPHONE POLE NO 4/75. IT IS STAMPED PINE NO. 1 1949.
REFERENCE MARK NO. 2 IS ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY FROM THE STATION MARK, 22 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A MAILBOX AND 24 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. IT IS STAMPED PINE NO. 2 1949.
THE AZIMUTH MARK IS A STANDARD DISK SET IN A SQUARE CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES ABOVE THE SURFACE. IT IS ON THE SOUTH SIDE OF THE GARFIELD-PETERSBURG ROAD, 20 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF SAME, 2 FEET SOUTH OF AN EAST-WEST FENCELINE, 2 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE AND 5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF A WITNESS POST. IT IS STAMPED PINE 1949.
TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE ROUTE NO 7 AND STATE ROUTE NO 14 WHICH IS 2.4 MILES EAST OF COLUMBIANA, GO NORTH ON ROUTE NO 7 FOR 1.6 MILE TO A T-ROAD LEFT AND THE STATION SITE. TO REACH THE AZIMUTH MARK, CONTINUE AHEAD FOR 0.4 MILE TO THE PINE LAKE TOURIST CABINS, HERE TURN LEFT AND GO 0.55 MILE TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT BY A TELEPHONE POLE.
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
2.2 MI S FROM NORTH LIMA. ABOUT 2.5 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 7 FROM ITS INTERSECTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 165 AT NORTH LIMA, ABOUT 0.5 MILE SOUTHWEST OF PINE LAKE AND ON THE WEST SIDE OF STATE ROUTE 7 NEAR A T-INTERSECTION WITH A DIRT ROAD LEADING TO A FARM HOUSE TO THE WEST. IT IS 63.5 FEET SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF THE INTERSECTION, 56 FEET WEST OF THE CENTERLINE OF STATE ROUTE 7, 33 FEET SOUTHEAST OF TELEPHONE POLE 4-5, 29 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE DIRT ROAD AND NEAR THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF A CULTIVATED FIELD. A TRIANGULATION STATION DISK SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST AND ABOUT 14 INCHES BELOW THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were established by classical geodetic methods and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in April 1998.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.