Details for Benchmark: KY1193
N 40° 54.050 W 080° 39.067 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MAHONING county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1906 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1950 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1950
2.4 MI S FROM NORTH LIMA. ABOUT 3.0 MILES SOUTH ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 7 FROM ITS INTERSECTION WITH STATE HIGHWAY 165 AT NORTH LIMA, ABOUT 400 FEET NORTH OF THE COLUMBIANA - MAHONING COUNTY LINE, IN THE STONE BLOCK FOUNDATION OF A 2 STORY FRAME HOUSE, IN THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE FOUNDATION. A ALUMINUM DISK CEMENTED IN A DRILLED HOLE AND ABOUT 2 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND. THIS IS A VERTICAL MARK.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.