Details for Benchmark: KY1299
N 40° 53.233 W 081° 08.050 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In STARK county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- chiseled cross
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
||shorbird couldn't find KY1299
Examined the area described and discovered a culvert headwall with large metal braces on it. Mark not found.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by OHDT (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1934
4.5 MI N FROM FREEBURG. 4.5 MILES NORTH ALONG THE ALLIANCE BRANCH OF THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT FREEBURG, STARK COUNTY, AT BEECHWOOD ROAD CROSSING, 26 YARDS NORTHEAST OF THE INTERSECTION OF THE NORTH RAIL AND THE CENTERLINE OF THE ROAD, 75 YARDS WEST OF THE EAST SIDE OF THE BEECHWOOD SCHOOL, AT A CULVERT, ON THE EAST END OF THE NORTH HEADWALL, 7 YARDS EAST OF THE NORTH CURB OF BEECHWOOD ROAD, AND LEVEL WITH THE ROAD GRADE. A CHISELED CROSS.
|01/01/1934 by NGS (GOOD)
|04/27/1993 by OHDT (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY OHIO DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION 1993 (SJ)
-------REPORT BY ODOT -------YEAR 1993------CONDITION - UNKNOWN
NOTE** HEADWALL HAS BEEN REMOVED AND RAILROAD TRACKS REMOVED.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.