Details for Benchmark: KY2963
N 40° 27.750 W 080° 35.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, WV View Original Datasheet
- 704 RESET
- Marker Type:
- survey disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1921 by USGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1983 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
4.0 KM (2.5 MI) SE FROM NEW CUMBERLAND. 4.0 KM (2.5 MI) SOUTHEAST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 2 FROM THE POST OFFICE IN NEW CUMBERLAND TO THE MARK ON THE LEFT, SET VERTICALLY ON THE SOUTHEAST SIDE AND IN THE CENTER OF A 0.40-METER (1.3-FT) BY 0.40-METER (1.3-FT) CONCRETE MONUMENT PROJECTING 1.37 METERS (4.5 FT) ABOVE THE GROUND, 14.02 METERS (46.0 FT) SOUTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY. THE MARK IS 3.66 M ABOVE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.