Details for Benchmark: KY2965
N 40° 25.350 W 080° 35.550 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In HANCOCK county, WV View Original Datasheet
- M 312
- Marker Type:
- metal rod
- stainless steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1983 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1983
IN WEIRTON. IN WEIRTON, 0.6 KM (0.35 MI) NORTHWEST ALONG STATE HIGHWAY 2 FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAY 105 (PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE) TO THE MARK ON THE RIGHT, ON THE PROPERTY OF THE WEIRTON VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT COMPANY NO. 1, 12.95 METERS (42.5 FT) NORTH-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE HIGHWAY, 5.36 METERS (17.6 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING, 0.91 METER (3.0 FT) SOUTHWEST OF A FLAGPOLE. THE MARK IS 0.30 M ABOVE HIGHWAY.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.