Details for Benchmark: KY3529
N 40° 33.703 W 081° 04.705 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is GPS OBS and location is ADJUSTED. (more info)
- In CARROLL county, OH View Original Datasheet
- Marker Type:
- horizontal control disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1986 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
THE STATION IS LOCATED AT THE CARROLLTON/CARROLL COUNTY AIRPORT, ABOUT 1 MILE SOUTHEAST OF THE TOWN OF CARROLLTON. OWNERSHIP CARROLL COUNTY, C/O AIRPORT MANAGER WALT YOUNG, 253 AIRPORT ROAD, CARROLLTON, OHIO 44615, PHONE 216-627-5250. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 43, 9 AND 39 ABOUT 0.5 MILES SOUTHEAST OF CARROLLTON. GO SOUTHEAST ON STATE HIGHWAYS 43 AND 9 FOR 0.45 MILE TO AIRPORT ROAD ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT, SOUTH, AND GO FOR 0.4 MILE TO A FORK. BEAR LEFT AND GO FOR 0.1 MILE TO THE AIRPORT ADMINISTRATION BUILDING ON THE RIGHT CONTINUE AHEAD FOR ABOUT 30 METERS TO A GATE ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT THUR THE GATE AND GO SOUTH ACROSS THE TARMAC FOR 0.1 MILE TO THE RUNWAY AND THE STATION ON THE LEFT. TO REACH THE AZIMUTH FROM THE STATION, GO SOUTHWEST PARALLELING THE RUNWAY (IN THE GRASS) FOR 0.35 MILES TO THE AZIMUTH MARK ON THE SOUTHWEST SIDE OF A TURN AROUND. THE STATION MARKS ARE STANDARD NGS DISKS STAMPED --CARPORT 1986--. THE SURFACE MARK IS SET IN THE TOP OF A 30 CM ROUND CONCRETE POST FLUSH WITH THE GROUND. IT IS 17.7 METERS (58.0 FEET) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE RUNWAY CENTERLINE, 16.2 METERS (53.0 FEET) EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE RAMP CENTERLINE, 38.7 METERS (127 FEET) SOUTH SOUTHWEST OF A CHAINLINK FENCE CORNER AND 0.3 METER (1.0 FOOT) WEST OF A FIBERGLASS WITNESS POST. THE UNDERGROUND MARK IS SET IN A IRREGULAR MASS OF CONCRETE ABOUT 1.0 METER BELOW THE GROUND LEVEL. DESCRIBED BY B.L. LAMBERT. TYPED BY JAMES MALONEY 09/04/87.
|10/09/1987 by (GOOD)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
|08/09/1995 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1995 (AJL)
THE STATION IS LOCATED ABOUT 1.6 KM (1.00 MI) SOUTHEAST OF CARROLLTON, AT THE CARROLL COUNTY AIRPORT. IN THE GRASS, NORTHEAST OF THE TAXI AND NORTHWEST OF THE RUNWAY. OWNERSHIP--CARROLL COUNTY, 253 AIRPORT ROAD, CARROLLTON, OHIO, 44615. AIRPORT MANAGER ALAN MILLER, PHONE 330-627-5250. TO REACH THE STATION FROM THE JUNCTION OF STATE HIGHWAYS 43, 39 AND 9 ABOUT 0.8 KM (0.50 MI) SOUTHEAST OF CARROLLTON, GO SOUTHEAST 0.72 KM (0.45 MI) ON HIGHWAYS 43 AND 9 TO AIRPORT ROAD ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT, SOUTH, 0.64 KM (0.40 MI) TO A FORK. BEAR RIGHT, WEST, 0.16 KM (0.10 MI) ON ALLEGHANY ROAD TO THE ENTRANCE AND ADMINISTRATION BUILDING ON THE LEFT. TURN LEFT, SOUTH, ABOUT 30 M (98.4 FT) TO A GATE ON THE RIGHT. TURN RIGHT, SOUTHWEST, THROUGH THE GATE, THEN SOUTHEAST, 0.16 KM (0.10 MI) ACROSS APRON AND ALONG TAXI TO THE STATION ON THE LEFT. STATION IS 38.7 M (127.0 FT) SOUTH-SOUTHEAST OF A CHAIN LINK FENCE END, 17.6 M (57.7 FT) NORTH-NORTHWEST OF THE RUNWAY CENTERLINE, 16.1 M (52.8 FT) EAST-NORTHEAST OF THE TAXI CENTERLINE, 0.3 M (1.0 FT) WEST OF A WITNESS POST, AND THE MONUMENT IS LEVEL WITH THE TAXI AND FLUSH WITH THE GROUND SURFACE.
- This mark is at Carroll Co-Tolson Airport (TSO)
- The horizontal coordinates were established by GPS observations and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in August 1996.
- The orthometric height was determined by GPS observations and a high-resolution geoid model.
- GPS derived orthometric heights for airport stations designated as PACS or SACS are published to 2 decimal places. This maintains centimeter relative accuracy between the PACS and SACS. It does not indicate centimeter accuracy relative to other marks which are part of the NAVD 88 network.
- The X, Y, and Z were computed from the position and the ellipsoidal ht.
- The Laplace correction was computed from DEFLEC99 derived deflections.
- The ellipsoidal height was determined by GPS observations and is referenced to NAD 83.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.