Details for Benchmark: LC0151
N 40° 06.033 W 088° 14.000 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In CHAMPAIGN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- ILLINOIS RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1954 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT CHAMPAIGN. AT CHAMPAIGN, AT INTERSECTION OF SOUTH FOURTH STREET AND PEABODY DRIVE, 14 1/2 FEET WEST OF WEST CURB LINE OF SOUTH FOURTH STREET, 6 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF SOUTH CURB LINE OF PEABODY DRIVE, 242.5 FEET NORTH OF STATION MARK, 340.25 FEET EAST OF RM NO. 2, ABOUT 0.7 FOOT ABOVE LEVEL OF STREETS AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST ABOUT FLUSH WITH GROUND. NOTE-- TO BE DESTROYED BY CONSTRUCTION.
|01/01/1963 by NGS (POOR)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1963
MARK RECOVERED IN POOR CONDITION.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
THERE IS A NEW SIDEWALK AT THIS LOCATION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.