Details for Benchmark: LC0379
N 40° 23.950 W 088° 52.933 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- V 164
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- retaining walls, concrete ledge, etc.
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
0.6 MI NW FROM DOWNS. ABOUT 0.65 MILE NORTHWEST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT DOWNS, ABOUT 6 TELEPHONE POLES EAST OF MILE POST 158, IN THE TOP OF THE TOP STEP OF THE SOUTH WING WALL OF WEST ABUTMENT OF CONCRETE RAILROAD BRIDGE OVER BIG KICKAPOO CREEK, 7 1/4 RAILS WEST OF WEST ABUTMENT OF A RAILROAD OVERPASS OVER A GRAVEL ROAD, 11 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF SOUTH RAIL AND ABOUT 2 1/2 FEET BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 10.0 KM (6.2 MI) SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 150 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 55 BUSINESS LOOP IN BLOOMINGTON, THENCE 0.7 KM (0.45 MI) SOUTH ALONG COUNTY ROAD 2000 E, IN TOP AND 0.2 M (0.6 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE TOP STEP OF THE NORTHWEST WINGWALL OF A CONRAIL RAILROAD BRIDGE SPANNING BIG KICKAPOO CREEK, 88.7 M (291.0 FT) NORTHWEST OF THE NORTHWEST END OF THE RAILROAD OVERPASS OF THE COUNTY ROAD, AND 3.5 M (11.5 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE NEAR RAIL. THE MARK IS 0.8 M BELOW THE TRACKS.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991. WARNING-Repeat measurements at this control monument indicate possible vertical movement.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.