Details for Benchmark: LC0380
N 40° 23.617 W 088° 52.250 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- W 164
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
AT DOWNS. AT DOWNS, ABOUT 0.1 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION, AT A NORTH-SOUTH BLACK TOP ROAD CROSSING, ABOUT 2 1/2 TELEPHONE POLES WEST OF MILE POST 157, 37 3/4 FEET NORTHEAST OF NORTHEAST RAIL OF MAIN TRACK, 81 FEET NORTHWEST OF CENTER OF CROSSING, 36 FEET WEST OF CENTER LINE OF BLACK TOP ROAD, 49 FEET NORTH-NORTHWEST OF A SWITCH STAND TO A SIDING LEADING NORTHWEST, 48 FEET SOUTHEAST OF POWER POLE NO. 235, 12 1/2 FEET WEST OF A STREET LIGHT POLE, 23 1/2 FEET WEST-NORTHWEST OF NORTH END OF WEST CONCRETE HEAD WALL OF A 24-INCH PIPE CULVERT UNDER ROAD, ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET ABOVE LEVEL OF TRACK AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 4 INCHES.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. 11.5 KM (7.15 MI) SOUTHEASTERLY ALONG U.S. HIGHWAY 150 FROM ITS JUNCTION WITH INTERSTATE HIGHWAY 55 BUSINESS LOOP IN BLOOMINGTON, THENCE 0.8 KM (0.5 MI) SOUTH ALONG SEMINARY STREET, THENCE 0.2 KM (0.1 MI) SOUTHEAST ALONG THE CONRAIL RAILROAD, 13.0 M (42.7 FT) SOUTHWEST OF THE CENTER OF A GRAVELED ROAD, 11.4 M (37.4 FT) NORTHEAST OF THE NEAR RAIL, 7.2 M (23.6 FT) WEST-NORTHWEST OF THE NORTH END OF THE HEADWALL OF A CULVERT UNDER AN ABANDONED ROAD, AND 3.2 M (10.5 FT) WEST OF A STREET LIGHT. THE MARK IS ABOVE LEVEL WITH THE ROAD.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.