Details for Benchmark: LC0382
N 40° 23.133 W 088° 51.367 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- X 164
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- massive structures
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY COAST AND GEODETIC SURVEY 1954
1 MI SE FROM DOWNS. ABOUT 1.0 MILE SOUTHEAST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT DOWNS, ABOUT 0.15 MILE NORTHWEST OF MILE POST 156, IN THE TOP OF THE SOUTHWEST END OF THE SOUTHEAST CONCRETE ABUTMENT OF RAILROAD BRIDGE NO. 351 OVER LITTLE KICKAPOO CREEK, 6 3/4 FEET SOUTHWEST OF SOUTHWEST RAIL AND ABOUT 1/2 FOOT BELOW LEVEL OF TRACK.
|01/01/1986 by NGS (MARK NOT FOUND)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
MARK NOT FOUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.