Details for Benchmark: LC0424
N 40° 28.117 W 088° 58.833 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- C 164
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- footings/foundation walls of small/medium structures
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1954 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
1.4 MI S FROM BLOOMINGTON. ABOUT 0.65 MILE EAST ALONG E. WASHINGTON STREET FROM THE MCLEAN COUNTY COURTHOUSE AT BLOOMINGTON, THENCE 0.8 MILE SOUTH ALONG THE ILLINOIS CENTRAL RAILROAD, 48 FEET WEST OF THE WEST RAIL, SET VERTICALLY IN THE EAST FACE AND 1.0 FOOT NORTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE CONCRETE FOUNDATION FOR A METAL BUILDING WHICH IS A WAREHOUSE FOR THE FALSTAFF BREWING COMPANY, 201 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF E. CROXTON AVENUE, 5 FEET NORTHWEST OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 2.0 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE GROUND, AND ABOUT 3 FEET ABOVE THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK. SEC 9, T23N, R2E
|01/01/1986 by NGS (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1986
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION. A NEW DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS. IN BLOOMINGTON, AT 903 EAST CROXTON AVENUE, SET VERTICALLY IN THE EAST FACE OF THE FOUNDATION WALL OF THE CANO PIPE AND SUPPLY COMPANY, AND 0.3 M (1.0 FT) NORTH OF THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF THE BUILDING. THE MARK IS 0.6 M ABOVE THE GROUND.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.