Details for Benchmark: LC0449
N 40° 25.133 W 088° 58.633 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- C 259
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- copper-clad steel rod
- Probably hold position/elevation well.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
5 MI S FROM BLOOMINGTON. ABOUT 0.65 MILE EAST ALONG E. WASHINGTON STREET FROM THE MCLEAN COUNTY COURTHOUSE AT BLOOMINGTON, THENCE 4.35 MILES SOUTH ALONG THE ILLINOIS CENTRAL RAILROAD, 0.35 MILE SOUTH OF MILEPOST 792, 144 FEET NORTH-NORTHEAST OF THE CENTER OF A CROSSING OF THE RAILROAD AND A PAVED ROAD, 39 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL, 134 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE ROAD, 80 FEET WEST OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF A GARAGE WHICH IS ON THE WEST SIDE OF A WHITE FRAME HOUSE, 79 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A SWITCH STAND FOR THE RAILROAD, 2 1/2 FEET SOUTH OF A TELEPHONE POLE, 1.4 FEET NORTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 1 1/2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND ON THE TOP OF A 5/8-INCH COPPER COATED ROD THAT IS DRIVEN TO A DEPTH OF 40 FEET AND IS ENCASED IN A 6-INCH TILE WHICH PROJECTS 2 INCHES ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. SEC 27, T 23 N,R 2 E.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.