Details for Benchmark: LC0472
N 40° 18.800 W 088° 58.617 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- T 258
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- setting not listed - see description
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1961 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
0.2 MI SW FROM HEYWORTH. ABOUT 0.1 MILE WEST ALONG MAIN STREET FROM THE POST OFFICE AT HEYWORTH, THENCE 0.05 MILE SOUTH ALONG BUCHANAN STREET, 52 FEET EAST OF THE CENTER LINE OF THE STREET, SET VERTICALLY IN THE WEST FACE AND 1.4 FEET SOUTH OF THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF THE MUNICIPAL ELECTRIC LIGHT AND POWER PLANT BUILDING, AND 15 1/2 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER OF THE WEST ENTRANCE TO THE BUILDING. SEC 34, T 22 N, R 2 E.
|01/01/1989 by USPSQD (GOOD)
|RECOVERY NOTE BY US POWER SQUADRON 1989 (KMS)
RECOVERED IN GOOD CONDITION.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.