Details for Benchmark: LC0479
N 40° 13.267 W 088° 57.733 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In DE WITT county, IL View Original Datasheet
- WAPELLA ECC RM 1
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1969 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1969
4.7 MI N FROM CLINTON. ABOUT 4.7 MILES NORTH ALONG THE ILLINOIS CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT CLINTON, 0.05 MILE NORTH OF THE POST OFFICE AT WAPELLA, 345 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTER LINE OF MAIN STREET, 200 FEET SOUTHEAST OF MILEPOST 778 105 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE MAIN TRACK, 26 1/2 FEET WEST OF THE CENTER LINE OF A PAVED STREET, 116.84 FEET NORTHEAST OF TRIANGULATION STATION WAPELLA ECC 1934, 2.0 FEET NORTH OF A METAL WITNESS POST, ABOUT 2 1/2 FEET BELOW THE LEVEL OF THE TRACK, AND SET IN THE TOP OF A CONCRETE POST WHICH PROJECTS 6 INCHES ABOVE THE SURFACE OF THE GROUND. SEC 3, T 20 N, R 2 E.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.