Details for Benchmark: LC0525
N 40° 27.050 W 088° 51.233 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is ADJUSTED and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- E 39
- Marker Type:
- bench mark disk
- light structures
- Mark of questionable or unknown stability.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1934 by CGS (MONUMENTED)
|01/01/1951 by NGS (GOOD)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1951
2.4 MI W FROM HOLDER. 2.4 MILES WEST ALONG THE NEW YORK, CHICAGO AND ST. LOUIS RAILROAD STATION AT HOLDER, MCLEAN COUNTY, 8 POLES EAST OF MILEPOST 367, 20 FEET EAST OF THE CENTERLINE OF A PUBLIC-ROAD CROSSING, IN THE WEST END OF THE NORTH HEADWALL OF A 4-FOOT CAST-IRON PIPE CULVERT, 15 FEET NORTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF THE TRACK, AND ABOUT 7 FEET LOWER THAN THE TRACK. A STANDARD DISK, STAMPED E 39 1934.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was determined by differential leveling and adjusted by the National Geodetic Survey in June 1991.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.
- The dynamic height is computed by dividing the NAVD 88 geopotential number by the normal gravity value computed on the Geodetic Reference System of 1980 (GRS 80) ellipsoid at 45 degrees latitude (g = 980.6199 gals.).
- The modeled gravity was interpolated from observed gravity values.