Details for Benchmark: LC0569
N 40° 18.667 W 088° 42.867 (NAD 83)
Coordinates may not be exact. Altitude is RESET and location is SCALED. (more info)
- In MCLEAN county, IL View Original Datasheet
- EMPIRE 2 RM 3
- Marker Type:
- reference mark disk
- set into the top of a round concrete monument
- May hold, but of type commonly subject to surface motion.
Benchmarks may be on private property or in dangerous locations. Obey local laws. By using the services on Geocaching.com you agree to this disclaimer.
Documented History (by the NGS)
|01/01/1970 by NGS (MONUMENTED)
|DESCRIBED BY NATIONAL GEODETIC SURVEY 1970
3.6 MI SE FROM LE ROY. 3.65 MILES SOUTHEAST ALONG THE NEW YORK CENTRAL RAILROAD FROM THE STATION AT LE ROY, 92 FEET SOUTH OF THE CENTERLINE OF U.S. HIGHWAY 136, 47 FEET EAST OF THE EAST RAIL OF THE RAILROAD, 1 FOOT WEST OF A FENCE AND 20 FEET SOUTHEAST OF A METAL WITNESS POST. SET IN THE TOP OF A ROUND CONCRETE POST PROJECTING 3 INCHES.
- The horizontal coordinates were scaled from a topographic map and have an estimated accuracy of +/- 6 seconds.
- The orthometric height was computed from unverified reset data.
- The geoid height was determined by GEOID99.